Diclofenac sodium, the active ingredient in Diclac Solution for Injection, is one of a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs reduce pain and inflammation.
Diclac Injection can either be given as an injection into the muscle or as a slow infusion into a vein.
The intramuscular injection is used to treat a number of painful conditions including:
• acute back pain
• attacks of gout
• pain caused by gallstones or kidney stones
• pain due to osteo- and rheumatoid arthritis
• pain caused by injuries, acute trauma and fractures
• pain following surgery.
For the treatment of moderate to severe post-operative pain, 75 mg should be infused continuously
over a period of 30 minutes to 2 hours. If necessary, treatment may be repeated after 4-6 hours, not
exceeding 150 mg within any period of 24 hours.
- Allergy to diclofenac or any ingredients of the medication
- the third trimester of pregnancy (after 28 weeks)
Salutas Pharma GmbH