levofloxacin (levofloxacin hemihydrate)
solution for infusion 5mg/ml; 50ml plastic pack, 100ml plastic pack
Levofloxacin Ibigen solution for infusion is indicated in adults for the treatment of the following infections
• Community-acquired pneumonia
• Complicated skin and soft tissue infections
In complicated skin and soft tissue infections, Levofloxacinshould is used only when it is considered inappropriate to use other antibacterial agents that are commonly recommended for the treatment of these infections.
• Acute pyelonephritis and complicated urinary tract infections (see section 4.4)
• Chronic bacterial prostatitis
• Inhalation Anthrax: post-exposure prophylaxis and curative treatment (see section 4.4)
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
The dosage depends on the type and severity of the infection and the susceptibility of the presumed causative pathogen.